Wednesday, September 17, 2008

See God in everything!

I am involved in a situation right now that is bringing pain to people that I love, more specifically to children that I love. I am having a very hard time with keeping a right heart towards these individuals. I am really having a hard time being nice where they are concerned. So, I prayed for them...I know that they are also in pain right now, so I am really trying to be more understanding.
So, this morning before reading my devotionals I prayed for their hearts to soften and for something to show me....for something to help me be more forgiving....for something to help me so I can be there for the kids while showing them how to handle these kinds of situations in a Godly way.
Here are the first few sentences I read:

"He is the Lord; let him do what is good in his eyes." 1 Samuel 3:18

If I see God in everything, He will calm and color everything I see! Perhaps the circumstances causing my sorrows will not be removed and my situation will remain the same, but if Christ is brought into my grief and gloom as my Lord and Master, He will "surround me with songs of deliverance" (psalm 32:7)

THANK YOU, FATHER!!!! You never fail me when I ask and I listen!! You are always there if I reach out to You.....that is my comfort!
See God in everything!!! How powerful is that?! How much that says! How can I not act lovingly towards another if I am seeing Him.....how can I be mean spirited or revenge filled if I am seeing Him...........such simple little words but wow!! the impact!
I am so thankful to have such a powerful Master......such an inspiring Father......such a selfless Savior.....such a loving Daddy! Jesus thank you for never failing me...thank you for reminding me that even in my pain, even in my confusion, You are there and if I just turn to You there lies my comfort and strength and ability to move on!