Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I AM YOURS

Ok...so I was driving to work this morning, which is usually my quiet time---prayer, reflection, just listening. Well, I got an overwhelming feeling that I needed to turn on the radio. So, of course, I did---I have learned not to ignore these things. The song "Who Am I" by Casting Crowns was just beginning. Let me tell you....that song gets me on a normal day, but this morning it took me over and ran me onto a worship ground so high and urgent........guys, I was overwhelmed and in tears. I was driving down the road singing like no one could see me or hear me and if they could it didn't matter anyway..At times my own praise was coming out instead of the words to the song......I was overcome!!! I had so many scenes of my life and the lives of my children race across my mind. Moments in life that I could only see a bad outcome but that at the last moment a miracle happened....yet I didn't realize that I/we had just been graced. Moments that I have never really looked at as defining moments in life.....but o how wrong I was to think that. There isn't a moment in my life that isn't defining. I can turn one way or the other and the outcome will change. So, to know that I am His.........Praise God!!!

Now just hear this....
"Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth (all the earth and yet he still has time for me?!) Would care to know my name (it's right there in the palm of His hands)Would care to feel my hurt(He weeps over us as much as He celebrates our victories)
Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star Would choose to light the way For my ever wandering heart (even when I don't want to listen and choose a different path, He still shows me a way out)
Not because of who I am But because of what You've done Not because of what I've done But because of who You are (nothing I do or don't do changes His love for me!)
I am a flower quickly fading Here today and gone tomorrow A wave tossed in the ocean A vapor in the wind Still You Hear me when I'm calling Lord You catch me when I'm falling You've told me who I am I AM YOURS (so insignificant, yet all important to Him)
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin Would look on me with love and watch me rise again Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea Would call out through the rain And calm the storm in me...." (His arms and His lap are always waiting for me to come to Him)

This tells me how truly insignificant I am in this large world, yet at the same time, how precious! He knows me and yet He still loves me....all I have to do is cry out to Him and He is there. But you know there are many times that I don't remember calling and yet there He was anyway. He never lets me go.....He never lets me down. He doesn't always give me what I want, but He always gives me just what I need.......I am His!!!! What better badge in life to wear.....I am His!!!

Lord, thank You for the reminders that get me where I need to go in this life....thank You for always providing for me, even if it is something I don't understand at that moment. Keep me remembering how great You are and let me tell everyone how much You love them, too!