Thursday, November 20, 2008

hmmmm....

Personal challenge made public...gotta like those!
So, the verse that I literally opened to and looked down upon this morning was Phillipians 2:14 "Do all things without grumbling or questioning".....lovely! Wow...give me words to live by! Of course, I had to read on....
15-18 says this: "that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain. Even if I am to be poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrificial offering of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all. Likewise you also should be glad and rejoice with me."
Ok, so I have had issue with myself and my mouth. I have really been attending to what I say and how I say it....and sometimes, does it even need said at all. I have always been a talker and lately have really been trying to be still and quiet...not just in my private time, but in my public life as well. I have also been really noticing my "grumbling"....HA! Ok....so I am hearing it! And a friend and I have had a "shine your light" campaign goin for a few weeks now...even to the point of telling people to shine on...or shine your light...or let your light shine.
So......in this I am hearing that I am to be a visible light for Him...meaning that if I am grumbling, I am not humbling myself. I am to rejoice in Him and let that come thru in everything I do........yeah, simple stuff, we all know these things......BUT....today I vow to really make a concious effort to become less grumbly and more shiny...lol!
Hope you all have a beautiful day......and if you catch me misbehavin, let me know PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!