Monday, August 27, 2012

Change


Have you ever had one of those days where your life just doesn't seem to fit quite right anymore? Those things that you once were so excited about now "just are". Time seems to be less than enough and life seems to be overwhelming?
Well, today is one of those days for me. I feel like an old pair of shoes that once were a prized possession and now sit for weeks without a second glance. Is that to say I am not enjoying life? No, not at all. I am. I am just not enjoying some things the way I once did. 
Relationships are changing. My desires are changing. My outlook is changing. My body is changing. Change. Change seems to be the thought for the day. 
Sometimes, like now, I just sit back and wonder what really am I doing. Am I making a difference? Am I shining for others to see Jesus? Or am I hiding in the comfort of what I consider my safety zone? Could it be that my life has become complacent and I am not taking chances? Not giving my all to effectively make a difference in the lives of others? Am I boxing God in with my choices? Have I taken back my old wardrobe in hopes that I won't stand out in the crowd and be noticed? 
Today, I am going to make sure I have on the clothes Jesus has chosen I wear. I am going to give back to Him all that my controlling hands seem to want to keep. I am going to stop, breathe Him in and listen for His response to my situation.
Lord, today as I stumble through all these thoughts and changes I just ask that You take hold of each and every one that washes through God that you remove me from the equation and let only what You want in Father I just thank You so much for this life I am living, the people that are in it and the newness heading my way and I just ask for strength and wisdom and patience and peace as I work through each new thing You deliver and I ask for discernment to know that it truly is You moving and creating this change Father I love You and I am so honored to be trusted to do these things for You Daddy I just sit in awe and will wait right here where I love to be more than any other place right at Your feet Jesus I love You and come to Father in Your Perfect Name