Sunday, February 6, 2011

Momma said there'd be days like this....

Ugh! That is all I can say about this day thus far. But......I know that Jesus has promised better for me. I know that Jesus has already won this situation and there is victory in His Name that brings all glory to Him.
My normal response to this type of morning would have been to just start comforting myself with food....and not necessarily food that is good for me. I would have just started a pitty party for myself and let the thing last all day long if it felt like it could.
Not today! Today I have a different perspective. Today I know that with faith I can get through. Today I know that the food is not my comfort, my Father is. Today I know that His promises stand and I may not know what the outcome looks like but He does. He will not forget, He will not ignore. So......how can I worry about or stew in something that His hand is already on.
Plan for the day......continue to eat well.....maybe go for a walk in this beautiful falling snow....drink water as if it were coffee and love it.....smile! My God is with me and won't let me fail in His strength, so how can I not smile. He delights in me!!! See........there it is..........my smile! The world may not look as I want it to today, but my joy can't be shaken!
Have a wonderful day my friends!

Isaiah 62:2-4
The nations shall see your righteousness, and all the kings your glory, and you shall be called by a new name that the mouth of the Lord will give. You shall be a crown of beauty in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of your God. You shall no more be termed Forsaken, and your land shall no more be Desolate, but you shall be called My Delight Is in Her, and your land Married, for the Lord delights in you, and your land shall be married."