Thursday, December 4, 2008

I need You...

Wow....got to sleep in this morning!! I didn't crawl out til close to 7! How wonderful it feels....and the boys are still sleeping.....and the house is quiet.....and I can not only smell the coffee brewing, I can hear it, too......I love these kind of days!
So, as I got up and began my normal routine, I was struck. You see, my mornings are usually very hectic...as are most of yours. I start praying, usually before my feet hit the floor, and as I am getting everything done that needs done I continue on praying. I pray all over the place all day long....I just do. I love to talk to the Lord. BUT....
I also love other time stealers. I love this computer. And this morning as I was sitting down to log in and check my 5 different sites it occured to me that Jesus would love some of this excitement....He would love it if I was as attentive to Him as I am to this box....He would love it if I gave to Him the time I give to this. It was just impressed upon me so strongly that my God feels, too. He wants my love and my time...He doesn't want to be set aside for moments that I have time to give Him....He doesn't want to be the background to what I am doing, He wants my attention! You see, my God is beautiful...powerful...amazing...loving....devoted....always there....always attentive.......I could go on for days and days and fill pages with the awe I feel in His presence!! And never, not once, has He held up a finger and said "just a minute,Kim, I have to finish this first"...or..."that is great, Kim---sure Sally, I have Kim on the other line so give me just a sec"...NO...it is always, always "my precious child I love you and I am here!"....
So, He is getting more of my time. I believe that not only do I need Him, He also needs me...and you...and all of us! I believe that He treasures the time we spend with Him, as much as I treasure the time with Him.
So.......today I am going to begin to limit my time spent on the computer. I will make Him my priority and will make sure that I get uninterrupted time with Him! Instead of worrying about the latest updates, when the kids take their naps I will meet with Him. Instead of having my morning coffee reading email, I will spend that time with Him. I love Him....I treasure Him....I adore Him, and I need to make more time with Him!! I need Him to know the depth of my love and worship...I need Him in every breath....I need Him in every step....I need Him...I need Him....I need Him!!!!!! Lord, I need You and I love You and You are my everything and I bow down before You knowing that I don't deserve You....o but I love You!